Thursday, February 21, 2013

My third school Truong Phuoc Duc



Truong Phuoc Duc was a private school administered by Taiwanese teachers as well. They all spoke mandarin. It was a very strict Chinese school and it was not an easy school to get in. We were supposed to sit for tbe entrance test but my father donated a generous amount of moneys and we got accepted without any difficulty. I started my Year 1 again. Hing got into Year 3. My second sister Fong was in Year 8. I remembered there was a girl who liked to bully people. I sat next to her from Year 1 to Year 3. She drew a line on our shared desk, and if I went passed her line then she would use a sharp pencil and stab it on my arm. There was once when she held a sharp pencil and poked into my left eye. The mark still remains till this day on my left eye. The blood was smeared everywhere. My father told her off but she continued to bully me. I requested to sit with someone else but it failed. In the Vietnamese education system, students had barely any choice. I endured three years of being bullied. In Year 3, my sister was selected as a monitoring captain for Year 5. She had the power to penalise any children from Year 5 and below. She came to my class and told the bullier off and from then on she became a good friend of mine. Her name was Hua Sieu Kim. (许秀金) She was a clever, mischievous and very cunning girl. She was a group leader in the class. Her brother Hua Binh Huy (许柄辉) admired me very much but I didn’t pay too much attention on the opposite sex at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment