Saturday, November 2, 2013

My best companion Nicholas

When I knew I was going to have a second child, I thought that I could not give my love to you. It was simply because I thought that I have given all my love to your sister Sophia. I could not imagine how I was going to handle that situation. It was a dilemma.

But when I first saw you, I fell in love with you straight away. I love your little button nose and your dimple. Everything about you looked so perfect and still looks so perfect. My fear disappeared instantly. Thank goodness for that.

Being with you is the most wonderful thing on this world. You are the best travel companion. You and I have been to so many trips together. We went to India, Nepal, Vietnam, Singapore, England, Italy and many more countries. Whenever I couldn’t close my suitcase, I would call you to come help. You would go away and pack my suitcase neat and tidy. Whenever I got lost, you were my life compass. It was absolutely amazing how you had such a good memory of the places we had been before. I still remember the first time you took me around Ho Chi Minh City to look for a bookshop when you were seven years old because your uncle had took you there once before. The second time was in India, we got lost in busy Mumbai city in 2007. You took a group of people back to the hotel which no taxi/car could go through at that time. You were only 13 years old. I don't think I can conjure what goes on in that brilliant mind of yours.

In our recent trip to Nepal 2 weeks ago, you found the hotel where we stayed 4 years ago. You and I walked through most of the alleys in Thamel – Kathmandu to look for the baby Buddha statue that we saw four years ago and I was so obsessed. You were determined to search it for me. We went up and down the streets in a tirelessness search for it. Finally on our second last day at Nepal, few shops away from our hotel, you saw a shop that had not been opened and now opened on that particular day. You said mum that is the shop. We saw a little baby Buddha status was on the shelf. That was it. We have found the little baby Buddha four years ago that I should have purchased.

You and your sister are my best companions on our spiritual path. Through you I have learnt so much and no doubt will continue to learn much more. I see myself in you. You have taught me tolerance, acceptance, compassion, loving kindness and how to let go. The reason for you being vegetarian was we should all learn – feel the pain for other beings. You are my Bodhisattva.

I don’t always speak the words ‘I love you’ in front of you but you know that you are my sweet heart. You mean so much to me. No matter what you do and who you are and will become, you have my love and support. I am truly proud of you.

Whenever I feel low, I will try to think about you and your sister, because you both make me laugh and happy. I am so happy that I have a son like you. I had no regret that I have been through all the hardship to bring you up. I love you my son.

Love your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment