Saturday, November 2, 2013

To my daughter Sophia

Life will not be the same without you. The first day when I found out I was pregnant I fell in love with you. I kept imagining what you would actually look like. I read heaps books about babies and tried to relate them to you. I kept talking to you at night when nobody was around. I monitored my tummy every day. I just couldn't wait to see your face. I was counting the days as they passed by. I reminded myself that I need to be good to everybody and have a nice temper because I believed that you would get affected. I kept thinking about you during my work and in my dream. My first child! 

I had a very long labour, 26 hours in fact, and had taken a lot of painkillers. When I first saw you, I thought "Oooo! ", how come you look so funny. Your skin was so pink and wrinkly. I was overwhelmed with joys and tiredness. I couldn't hold you at all because my hands were shaking from taking too many painkillers.

When I had a closer look at you the next day, I realised you are the cutest baby I have ever seen. I never got tired of looking at you. I love your little bold head, your big thumbs, little button nose and your little feet.

I left you with your grandparents when you were five months old. But I did not feel guilty because I knew that they would look after you well. I haven't had much trouble with you. But everybody was saying that you have been very spoiled. Luckily I think you are not so bad in that area.

I am very glad that I have you.
10/06/1996

No comments:

Post a Comment